Demystifying Incentive Stock for Corporate and Tech Professionals
Both Portland, OR & Minneapolis, MN are home to a number of innovative start-ups and established companies that commonly incentivize high performing employees with any combination of Incentive Stock Options (ISOs), Restricted Stock Units (RSU's), Non-Qualified Options (NQSOs), and Employer Stock Purchase Plans (ESPPs).
Used appropriately, incentive stock can be an incredible building block for building your personal net worth. On the other hand, they can also come with a great deal of complexity, numerous headaches, adverse tax and cash flow consequences, and gut-wrenching volatility.
Trailhead Planners is dedicated to helping our clients navigate the ups and downs and demystifying the financial complexities of all your incentive stock.
We Can Help with:
- Cash Flow Management
- Exercising Strategies
- Tax-Minimization Strategies
- Integrating your employer stock with your long-term financial plan
- Recalculating cost basis after stock splits
- Understanding grants and vesting schedules
- Planning for multi-year exercise and sale strategy
- Navigating a liquidity event
- Preparing for an IPO
- Diversifying out of a concentrated position
- Deciding whether to hold or sell
- And more!